Saturday, November 19, 2011

Customizing your Christmas list 2011

I've had a very busy couple of weeks so I apologize for not blogging last week. So let's get right to it. If you are like me, you get a lot of spam in your inbox. I checked my email today and after wading through literally a couple hundred emails, I noticed a trend. The stores are presenting "must have" lists. I almost deleted all of them, then I thought, "wait a minute, what if there is something here that I missed?" So I'm going to review some of the lists that I was sent. Today I will review Ebay's list. I love the fact that they have a Splurge section. First on the list is the MacBook Pro. Since I am typing this on a MacBook Pro, I think you can gather my opinion of this pick. The only issue that I have regarding the MacBook Pro is that I purchased mine 6 months ago and a new one was released and now I feel like mine is old.
NFL tickets caught my eye. Am I the only one who didn't know you can buy tickets from Ebay?! Ok, so I'm late. I think the NFL tickets are a great, unique gift. I would go one further and make it an experience. Go all the way with the NFL theme. Pick at least one game that the fan receiving the tickets will really want to attend, then plan an awesome game night. Get them limo service (pay for extra alcohol) to and from the game, upgrade the tickets to a suite for that game (suites include food in the price), and get him or her a signed official ball on Ebay that you can put in a collector's case. The tickets will cost you $20 for nosebleed seats to $250-$1,400 for a suite. Depending on the player who signed the football, it can cost you from $45 to $1,000. The case for the football will cost you $16. The Limo service will of course be the big ticket item at $75 per hour.
Ebay suggested Fender guitars. I'm of two minds on this one. Did I miss a trend or is Ebay just trying to sell a high ticket item? I suspect the later. Don't get me wrong, Fender is a respectable brand, but who on your list this year is begging for a guitar-- besides my daughter? I think this is a gift to skip this year. The last two on the list are Breitling watches and Diamond earrings. Let's start with the watch. Breitling has some very gorgeous time pieces. Case in point the picture below. I chose this one because the colors are in trend for this year. These watches range from $5,000 to over $25,000.
Now we address the diamond earrings. I am going to be sexist for a second. I am a woman. I love all electronics, I am probably considered a tom boy in some circles, yet diamonds melt my heart like the girliest of girls. If you can buy a woman a diamond, buy it. You won't be sorry. I would suggest a ring or a pendant, but earrings are nice too. A piece advice to the person purchasing the diamond, go big or go home. A reasonable budget for diamonds should start at $350 and upwards. I threw in the Tiffanys sunglasses for good measure because I like them. They retail for $220.

   




















I won't waste your time any more on things that I can't or won't recommend. Do not buy a TV yet. The best time to purchase a television set is in January because of the huge sales centered around Super Bowl. Also, TV's are not selling as well this year so I suspect the discounts will be awesome. If the TV purchase is for the one you love, I would suggest buying smaller gifts that hint at the ultimate prize in January. Let's say you are buying the TV for someone who loves movies. Buy them a one year subscription to Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Prime. If the TV isn't automatically compatible to the service don't forget to get them the blu-ray player. Buy them a gift card from their favorite movie theater. Stock the house with their favorite snacks such as popcorn and candy. I hope this review helps you pick something out or at least got you thinking creatively to make this holiday special. Good Luck! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask, I would love to talk to you.

No comments: