Sunday, July 18, 2010

Site Inspections





Currently I am in Jamaica. The last two days have been filled with site inspections of several luxury hotels. What is a site inspection? It is what it sounds like. You go to the hotel to see what the property looks like and to check the amenities. How do you set up a site inspection? Call the hotel that you are interested in and tell them that you would like to speak to the Concierge Manager. Introduce yourself and your reason for the site inspection. My reason is for my clients. I need to see if the property is living up to the brand before I send clients there-- I suggest you say that very nicely. When requesting a site inspection ask them if they have a press kit that they can also provide to you during your visit. Be specific about what you need to see. I needed to see the luxury accommodations. Suites, Penthouses, and the concierge level was previewed by me. Any amenities you think your client will use- preview it! To set up the site inspections you should give the hotel a couple of days (a week if you have it). The next day give the Hotel a call and thank the person for giving you a tour of the property.


No comments: